One of Disney World’s newest resorts, it is the priciest of the Value resorts, offering rooms for larger parties
The location of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
The Art of Animation Resort is a Hollywood Studios resort – found opposite Pop Century – therefore Disney’s Hollywood Studios is its closest park, and Epcot is also nearby.
Theming of Disney’s Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Surprisingly enough, Animation is the theme for this resort. The buildings and rooms are heavily themed around 4 different Disney animated movies – Finding Nemo, Cars, The Lion King and The Little Mermaid. As with all the value resorts, it is bright and vibrant. The theming is exceptionally well done, very immersive, with theming extended right into the rooms.
Rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Although a value resort, you’ll find it far more expensive than the others, more on a par with Moderate resort pricing – partly due to the fact that it is quite new and partly due to the rooms it offers. It largely offers suites, providing larger families another (usually cheaper) option to booking two hotel rooms or a villa.
The Little Mermaid rooms are the more typical value hotel rooms. Although the room set up is similar, they will still be pricier than the standard rooms in the other Value resorts because the hotel is just that little notch above the rest:
- Sleep 4 (children or adults) with up to one additional child under 3 (sleeping in a pack-and-play crib)
- 2 double beds
- Only one sink in the bathroom area.
Cars, Finding Nemo and Lion King buildings provide Family Suites:
- Sleep 6
- 2 separate bathrooms
- a master bedroom
- a separate family room containing a 2-person sleeper sofa and dining room table that pulls down to make up a double bed
kitchenette with a fridge (with small freezer compartment), microwave, sink and coffee maker
interior corridors, more similar to deluxe hotels than the motel feel at the value and moderate resorts
Dining options at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Landscape of Flavours food court, located in the main building – Animation Hall. It serves quick-service meals, with five “shops”, each with a theme (burgers, pizza, world food, soup-salad-sandwiches and grab and go). It is on the dining plan.
- No traditional style restaurant
- In-room pizza delivery
Recreation facilities at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- The Big Blue Feature Pool in the Finding Nemo courtyard, featuring a 17 foot high water slide
- Two smaller pools – the Flippin’ Fins Pool in The Little Mermaid courtyard and the Cozy Cone Pool in the Cars courtyard.
- Wet play area
- Jogging trail
Transport to and from Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
It is approximately 20-25 minute bus ride to each park. Like all Value resorts, there is only one set of bus stops at the front of the hotel, located outside Animation Hall, so it can be a distance to walk if you’re near the back of the resort.
However, like Pop Century, but unlike the other Value resorts, Art of Animation does not share its bus service with another resort meaning you don’t have the extra wait time while you tour other resorts, or run the risk of the bus being full