There are 5 options within Disney Moderate hotels
- Disney’s Coronado Springs – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is located in the Disney’s Animal Kingdom area. Blizzard Beach is also really close.
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort – Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside is located in the Disney Springs area of Walt Disney World
- Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort – The smaller of the two resorts at Disney’s Port Orleans and one of the best value moderate hotels
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is classed as an “Epcot area” of Walt Disney World.
- Disney’s Cabins at Fort Wilderness – The only moderate-classed accommodation to be located in the Magic Kingdom area of Walt Disney World.
What are the differences between Disney Moderate and the Disney Value resorts?
- Rooms are larger at 314 square feet
- Each room has 2 sinks in the bathroom area (Coronado Springs being the exception with 1)
- Table Service restaurants are available in addition to the counter-service food court
- Pools are a bit more elaborate with a water slide.
- Each room has a refrigerator included along with a coffee maker.
The general feel is that you get a few more amenities and space, but still at an affordable price. There tends to be less large groups, so could be said to be quieter. Like the Value hotels, the Moderates also have exterior corridors, in a motel style. Disney transport is also usually preferable at the moderates. At the Value resorts, the buses pick up at one stop and can get very busy. At the Moderates, they have a number of pick up spots around the resort.
What are the differences between Disney Moderate and the Disney Deluxe resorts?
Compared to the Deluxe resorts, you won’t get as many luxuries, e.g. fitness centers or spas and there’s not the added benefit of being particularly close to one of the parks. The closest Moderate hotel to the Magic Kingdom is Disney’s Cabins at Fort Wilderness. It’s just a boat ride away and not much further than the Wilderness Lodge (they are next to each other).
Why are Disney Moderate hotels a good choice?
The Moderates are a really good compromise – worth it for the upgrade from a value resort, largely due to the extra space and because they’re a little bit quieter than the values. If you don’t have kids you may not want to spend the extra for a Deluxe – if you won’t spend that much time there to make the most of the extra benefits. With young kids and the resulting extra to-ing and fro-ing and time spent at the hotel, the proximity and the extra amenities might be worth the upgrade to a Deluxe if it is affordable to you.