The location of Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is found directly on Disney’s BoardWalk, which in itself is a treat, with elements of nighttime entertainment, a beach and a number of restaurants. In terms of parks, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is classed as an Epcot area hotel. It is in fact just a short boat ride away from the International Gateway Entrance of Epcot, bringing you out in the World Showcase, and from Disney’s Hollywood Studios. If you fancy a stroll you can walk to both of these.
The International Gateway at Epcot brings you out between France and the United Kingdom in the World Showcase in Epcot, which is perfect if you’re heading there in the evening for a meal or to see Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. If you’re aiming for Future World, earlier in the day (the bulk of World Showcase doesn’t open until 11am) you can nip on through to it and be at the rides towards the back before any of the guests arriving at the main entrance. And even better, you can short cut across the front of World Showcase Lagoon to Norway, home to Frozen Ever After – the queues for which get long, fast, giving you a small head start.
Theming of Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is styled on Atlantic City in the 1940s. It has an end-of-pier style feel to it, set on the BoardWalk which has nightly amusements, inducing a carnival atmosphere. The hotel itself feels quite elegant but also encapsulates the BoardWalk feel with images of carousels and tinkling music.
Rooms at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
- Rooms sleep 4, plus one child under the age of three. Some rooms can accommodate an additional child.
- 2 queen-size beds or one king-size bed
- Vanity area with 2 sinks and bath
- Table and chairs
- Some rooms offer junior-size daybed and a private balcony.
- Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, refrigerator and Pack ‘n Play® playard. A full-size crib is available upon request.
- Free wifi
Dining at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
Unlike all the other resorts, you are quite limited in terms of dining options actually within your hotel. The Belle Vue Lounge serves coffee and pastries early on, with snacks and alcohol later in the day. There is also a poolside bar, Leaping Horse Libations, serving drinks and snacks, located next to Luna Pool.
However, you are located in the middle of all the options that Disney’s BoardWalk has to offer. These include:
- Big River Grille and Brewing Works – serving sandwiches, salads etc
- Trattoria al Forno – a popular Italian restaurant
- BoardWalk Bakery – cakes and pastries – ideal for a quick bite in the morning – or any other time
- Pizza window – does exactly what it says on the tin
- ESPN club – showing every kind of sport while you eat/drink.
- Flying Fish – a signature seafood restaurant.
There is also a poolside bar, Leaping Horse Libations, serving drinks and snacks, located next to Luna Pool.
Recreation at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
- The best and most unique recreational feature of the resort is its location on the Boardwalk and what that it offers – includes jugglers, magic shows and midway games. Not to mention a selection of bars and a ‘dance hall’.
- Swimming – there are three pools at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn. The 200-foot Keister Coaster is the water slide at the main Luna Park Pool.
- Kiddies playground, near Luna Pool.
- Muscles & Buscles Health Club – this fantastically named gym has state of the art equipment and is complimentary to hotel guests, with limited spa treatments available at an extra cost.
- Watercraft rentals, including pontoon boats and Sea Raycers.
- Tennis – with equipment to borrow.
- Bike rentals, including surrey bikes.
- Fishing excursions from the marina.
- Side Show Games arcade.
Transport to and from Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
One of the advantages to Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is its location – you’re in an ideal position for both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. You can either walk or get the friendship boat to both of these – you’re in the middle between the two. You can, of course, get a Disney bus to all the other theme parks and to Disney Springs. You’re also a short walk away from the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels, in front of which is Disney′s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course.