This weekend sees one of the best deals available for booking a Walt Disney World holiday - it combines one of Disney's best offers with an extra 10% of from Virgin Holidays.
Disney is currently offering their 'Free Dining' deal for 2020. It covers any date from 1 January - 03 October 2020, but excluding the Easter holidays (1 January - 29 March 2020 and 19 April - 03 October 2020). With this deal you get $200 to spend in Disney World, Free dining, and the 14 days for price of 7 ticket deal. The free dining gives you a free breakfast at a value resort, free quick-service dining plan with a moderate resort and free regular dining plan if you stay at a deluxe resort. You also get the option to upgrade those plans, and we've written a full overview of whether you should do that here. As deals for Walt Disney World go, it is one of their best.
Most of the time, wherever you choose to book for Disney World, you get the same deal - you can purchase it through Disney, Virgin Holidays, BA etc, and you get whatever deal Disney are offering at the time, with no, or very little difference in cost. If the holidays is within 11 months from now, we usually recommend you stick with Disney, unless you have a good reason not to - it is just easier when it comes to linking up in your My Disney Experience account, and they have fantastic customer service (they once refunded us our full deposit, when we had to cancel because I discovered I was pregnant, even though they didn't have to give us a penny back). If the holiday is over 11 months away, Disney can not reserve the flights for you, so it is worth looking at Virgin Holidays or British Airways if you want an accurate cost - and Virgin is usually cheapest.
BUT just occasionally, one of the big providers offer a discount across their entire portfolio - and this includes the Disney holidays. Virgin Holidays typically do this over one of the May bank holidays - usually the second one. And that is what is currently available - an additional 10% off the already great Disney deal. So if you're thinking of going to Disney World next year, then BOOK NOW through Virgin using the promo code Save10.
Because of the 11 month rule, it is hard to get a direct comparison for anything after mid-April 2020, as Disney can't provide the flight price for you. But here are a couple of early in the year examples for you:
- Coronado Springs - a moderate resort, for 2 adults and one child for 14 nights from Saturday 15 February 2020, flying Virgin Atlantic, from Gatwick. This includes your Disney tickets and a free quick service dining plan. On Disney, this currently costs £6419.68. Virgin, with their 'Save10' promo code are charging £6003.47 for the exact same holiday.
- Beach Club, for 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant, for 14 nights from Saturday 7th March, flying Virgin Atlantic, from Manchester. This includes your Disney tickets and a free regular dining plan. On Disney, this currently costs £8224.12 Virgin, with their 'Save10' promo code are charging £7651.95 for the exact same holiday.
So, fairly significant savings.
A few tips:
- You add the promo code 'Save10' to the Virgin holiday on the 'Who's Going' page. You don't have to fill in all the passenger details to apply this - it is near the bottom of the page. It is worth doing this as it doesn't discount 10% off the whole price as it excludes taxes and fees.
- Not all resorts have free dining on at the same time - the easiest way to see which do for your dates is to run the search for your dates on the Disney site first. On the 'Select your hotel page' it indicates in green whether the deal is included.
- Remove car hire / airport transfers when you are booking with Virgin (unless you want to hire a car that is!) You can book Disney's Magic Express from Orlando International Airport completely free of charge. We give you all the info you need, including how to book Magical Express, here. We also analyse whether you need to hire a car or not, here.
Enjoy booking your holiday! And then the fun of planning it all begins!